Sender:
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:59:22 -0500
7bit
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Anthony Buffa writes:

> Admittedly I am far from being on top of things with college hockey, and
> even the ECAC, but does anyone have a clue as to why he (below) refers
> to the league as college hockey's best conference. Is this a case of
> rose-colored glasses, therefore meaning he wont do anything to improve
> ECAC image, or is he referring to the average GPA of the hockey players
> in the league. :-)
>
> Sounds to me like nothing new will happen, not even recognizing a
> problem with the downslide of the league ... but then again, I dont know
> anything about this Hagwell person.

Steve Hagwell, the new ECAC acting commish, was a member of HOCKEY-L back when
he was working for the NCAA a few years ago,  He might still be on the list as
far as we know.  He may be the first HOCKEY-Ler to become a conference
commissioner.  I'm waiting for Mike Machnik to pop up as Hockey East
commissioner one of these days...

-- Erik