Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:52:03 -0500
From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On Sunday, March 28, 2004, at 06:56  PM, Rita-Ann Monde wrote:

> Harvard apparently had opened the scoring, but the goal was disallowed
> (not sure why, possibly a whistle for a minnesota penalty, but
> disallowed goal was scored on a rebound that at least to my ear,
> minnesota didn't have control of).

 From the Minnesota broadcast, it sounded like the puck was never
actually in the net, but that the
red light came on. I know that play was reviewed.

> and i
> think this was the goal scored on a 3-2 in which all 3 gopher forwards
> touched the puck. it must have been pretty to watch.

The Minnesota commentator (MSU-Mankato's women's hockey coach) called
it his "favorite goal not scored by my team." I'd like to see a video
clip of it, if such a beast exists.

> I don't know what the final attendance was, but harvard's announcers
> made it sound like there was a very good crowd, and many of them in
> crimson. glad to hear that their women's team apparently gets more
> support then the men's hockey team.

I didn't hear a final number, either, but the impression I got was that
the crowd was disappointing. I got the impression that the lack of
either Brown or Providence hurt the gate overall. They may also have
been comparing this year's attendance to last year's sellout at the
DECC.

John Edwards