Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 06:18:42 -0400
Congrats to the Gophers on their back-to-back national titles!

I disagree on the MVP comment, Weber was really good but Thomas Vanek was
unbelievable... clearly the best player on the ice and of all the tournament
games I saw he may have been the best player in the tournament.

As I watched, sometimes I thought Vanek over carried the puck.  But almost
as soon as you think that, he makes the kind of moves that scored the
game-winning goal where he twice shows his great hands freeing himself up
for the shot to the far corner.  He was quite impressive.

Minnesota is well endowed with some great young talent.  Did I hear
correctly on the television that they only have 1 senior?  I saw a Gopher
fan with a sign that might prove prophetic:  The Dynasty Begins.

---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
http://www.blackbears.net