Sender:
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:39:41 -0500
From:
matthew sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
To: Alex Pufhal <[log in to unmask]>
Rick is a good offensive defensman.  I think he scored twelve goals last
season.  Rick has the size to play in the NHL. He is like 6'4" 220-230.
But after watching him for the past three years I am not convinced he has
the speed or the defensive skills to go to the next level.  Last year he
seemed to be the center of a lot of defensive blunders.  I think you
either love him for his big shot and offensive stats or you hate him for
his sparatic play in the defensive zone.

Washington must like him a lot because last week Rick was all geared up for
the WCHA season.  He was quoted in the Duluth News Tribune as saying that
the Capitals would have to buy him out of college  and they did.  Terms
were not disclosed but the deal is rumored to be worth up to $1.4 million.

GOOD LUCK RICK

  * Matthew R. Sullivan               | E-mail:[log in to unmask]       *
  * University of Minnesota at Duluth | Tel#:218-525-9366               *
  * School of Business and Economics  | Address: 5303 E. Superior St    *
  *                                   | Duluth, MN 55804                *
  * LONG LIVE CHICO'S                 |                                 *