Sender:
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:22:56 -0500
7bit
From:
Adam Wodon-Around the Rinks <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: "John T. Whelan" <[log in to unmask]>
>         Hey look everyone--I'm generating discussion of Around the
> Rinks on HOCKEY-L.  On this week's episode, after Adam Wodon, in
> discussion with Keith Instone, lays out the process by which the NCAA
> seeded the teams, step by step, he mentions that had BU lost to New
> Hampshire, they would have fallen so low in the PWR as to be shipped
> out West.  Wasn't BU, as host of the East Regional, guaranteed an
> eastern berth as in years past?

Leave it to John to get that one. :-) -- He is of course right. We stand
corrected. It was an interesting thought.

>         Does anyone else get the impression that Joe Marsh is doing a
> better job as head of the selection committee than Comley did?  None
> of this business of issuing and then retracting guidelines (the
> Clarkson rule) or waffling over the reasons a team was sent somewhere
> (Lowell).  There were rules and the committee followed them.  Now I
> would have preferred the general public *know* the rules ahead of
> time.  Maybe that'll be the next step.

Even those "in the know" had some misimpressions of the process. After a
one-hour interview with Marsh on Tuesday, a story will be forthcoming on USCHO.
Stay tuned.

Marsh's best line ... "I'm pretty sure I won't be running for governor of
Minnesota."

Adam Wodon - AC Productions
Host: "Around the Rinks" - The only National College Hockey talk show
Listen 24 hours/day, 7 days/week at:
http://www.audionet.com/sports/shows/rinks/