Sender:
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 00:51:47 -0500
To: Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Mike Machnik wrote:

> Does everyone else also get to go to UAA when they are only scheduled to
> play UAA twice that season, so that they can also schedule two extra games?
> You'd think that over 9 years, everything would even out and everyone
> would play UAA twice each, with one set in Alaska and one at home (thus you
> lose the exemption once).  But Minnesota, for example, has already had two
> years in which it played UAA only twice, and both times Minnesota went to
> UAA.
>
> Now, if I remember correctly, one of those times Minnesota was due to host
> UAA and they opted to play on the road instead so that they could get the
> exemption.  I don't know if the league had to okay this, and if all of the
> other teams also have that option.  I doubt anyone else would complain if
> someone wanted to give up two home games with UAA to play them in Alaska.

I'm not sure about this, but I think they elected to play a home series
in Anchorage.  Since teams can do this at neutral sites, I assume they
also have the option to place games in the opponent's rink.  The only
problem I could see is whether home games played in Alaska are exempt;
I don't have a copy of the NC$$ rulebook.

|   Michael Patrick Bresina   |     America's always had a problem     |
|  [log in to unmask]  |  with illegal aliens.  Ask any Indian. |
|      The Rendezvous Online Service      |           telnet           |
|          Interactive TradeWars!         |       205.243.194.68       |
|           Common sense is what tells us the world is flat.           |