Sender:
From:
"s.j.bongiorno" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 00:20:36 -0800
>From the Boston Herald 4-5-96:
        The University of Moncton in New Brunswick reinstated its hockey
program after its league reduced the suspensions of five players involved
 in the attach on a referee.
        Ken Dryden, the former NHL goalie investigating the incident for
the Atlantic Universities Athletic Assoc., advised school president Jean-
Bernard Robichaud, who originally suspended the program for a year, to
field a team next season.
        "After taking a hard look back on the matter and after having
received advice from several people, we decieded to reject the idea of
suspending the team for one year," Robichaud said at a news conference.
"Since we are an instituition of learning, it is our responsibility to
ensure that the difficult times that we have recently lived through
become a positive learning experience for everyone concerned."
        Last Monday, the AUAA reduced the suspension after a hearing
involving the Feb.24 attack of referee Brian Carragher in Charlottown.