Sender:
From:
"Jack C. Berenzweig" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 16:43:54 -0500
Comments:
In a message dated 96-04-06 14:07:34 EST, Adam Woden wrote:

<< MATH ABUSE alert!! <G>
  4 Hobey winners out of the 17 there have been is 23.5%
 28 finalists out of the remaining 153 is ........ 18.3% >>

The point I was trying to make in my earlier post was that many of the
non-winners of the Hobey Baker Award were more successful in the NHL than
were the winners.  I concede that Adam's math is correct.  However just
 compare the career statistics of Brett Hull, Greg Johnson, Janney, Juneau,
Brian Leach, Nieuwendyk and Joel Otto to those of Broten, Holzinger, Kariya
and Marinucci.

A complete listing of all winners and finalists may be found in the Hobey
Baker web site at:
http://www.hobeynet.org/pros/pros.html

Jack Berenzweig