Sender:
From:
"Barkan, Jon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 12:12:00 PST
Hi all,

Just some random thought on the Cedorchuk situation.......

One, I don't think Jack would ever hire him, for the lone fact that I don't
think Jack would go backwards to go forwards. Cedor will always be known as
Lenny's right hand man......and Jack doesn't really want that type of person
on his staff......He'd rather have someone who isn't such the "Salesman"
type of recruiter and more of a 90's sort of coach.......that's how Jack
gets the Amonte's, McEachern's and Pandolfo's of the world along with BU's
reputation for winning.

Two, this situation with Cedor and his past at BC is a bit cloudy for most
of the people who have written notes on hockey-l so far.......Yes, he did
get his hand caught in the cookie jar with certain situations, but no one
can honestly tell me that he acted alone with all of the so called
violations that were supposedly broken. He was the fall guy for all of the
problems at BC and it's not fair that he should go down by himself. There's
a reason why Mike Milbury left BC and its more than just him and Gladchuk
not seeing eye to eye.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Cedor was a great coach or anything, but I
just don't think he should be blamed for everything that happened in the
three year stretch at BC!!!!! It should be checked into and it should be
reported, NOT speculated......

As Cedor used to say to, "This is just one man's humble opinion!"

Yours in the Bond of Chaos in College Hockey,
Jon Barkan

PS "Hockey is a slippery game on ice!" Jack Parker
     "Hey, Sunshine, it's in the rulebook!" Shawn Walsh to Bill Berglund
after an NU-Maine game in 1987, when Walsh called three stick checks in a
game and still lost 4-3 and Berglund asked him "Hey, what with that s**t!"