Sender:
From:
"Nathaniel Cole Malen (Nat Malen)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 13:39:57 -0600

I agree with Aaron.  Mazzocco and Reid do an excellent job in broadcasting
games for Gopher games as well as other games.  Broadcasting any one team
(i.e. the Gophers)  on a regular basis will *always* lead the announcers to
become somewhat of a fan of that team.  The same thing happens in the NHL.
For instance:  last year's playoffs between Quebec/NY Rangers was televised
on the FOX network.  The announcers were Sam Rosen and John Davidson who
happen to be the Rangers local announcers in New York.  They broadcast the
game from a very neutral viewpoint, but at times, their faith as Ranger fans
prevailed.  The same holds true for Mazzocco and Reid.  I suspect that the
college hockey showcase will be broadcast the same way I noticed it being
done in the NHL last year.
That takes nothing away from Frank Mazzocco and Tom Reid, who are in my
mind, a great tandom of announcers who more often than not, broadcast a
great game.

Nat Malen
UW-Eau Claire