Sender:
From:
"Robert B. Zielinski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 14:14:34 0
Comments:
Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
> I would have to agree.  He has great instinct with, and without the
> puck. He and Trebil may be one of the best defenseman duos in
> college hockey.  If the Gophers keep playing as well as they are,
> they could go a long way again this year.

I don't know.  Trebil still scares me.  He has a narty tendancy to
give up the puck under pressure in his defensive zone and he isn't
quick at all.  Also, he seems to depend way too much on a poke check
when he's backing into his zone rather than taking the body.  He has
a huge reach, but every now and then he's gonna get burned and that
poke check won't cut it in the pros.

I'm not saying that he is a bad player, but if he were to improve on
his physical play I think that he would be a better defenseman.
There probably isn't too much he can do about his foot speed, but
with his size, people should know that if they get caught, they're
going to get hit hard.

At this point, I would have to say that Crowley, who is a bunch
smaller, delivers bigger hits than Trebil does.  Ok, big hits aren't
necessary to break up a play, but there is something to be said for
making the offensive players think twice about going into the boards
with you.

But, I would have to agree that this is probably the best defensive
combo I've seen play in college.  There have been other good ones at
the U, but with Trebil's shot and Crowley's speed and puck-handling.
Wow.
Rob Zielinski
Systems Administration
The REP Company, Bloomington, MN