Sender:
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 08:56:28 -0600
Mike Machnik wrote:

>The big question is, can Merrimack do what these other schools are doing?
>I still believe the answer is yes.

The question I have, to which I really can not give any authoritative
answer, is this: is there an upper limit to the number of schools that can
make this transition?  My suspicion is that there is.  Not that this would
leave Merrimack out in the cold.  The small schools walk a tightrope
without much of a net.
  What impresses me about LSSU is that they managed to change coaches
without slipping.  That, I think is the most critical moment.  Michigan
Tech lost it after MacInnes was gone and the same could happen any of the
others.  It will happen to some.

J. Michael Jackson