Sender:
From:
Karen Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 21:24:03 -0500
Comments:
Any school that produces a winning program CAN recruit, regardless of size.
 Not only LSSU but Clarkson, CC, Providence (on occasion) and even BC.  All
it takes is a commitment to win, a few winning seasons to show that
commitment and the players will come.  Remember, we fans seem to have been
around for ever, however the players have been aware of the school for only a
few short years.  Their memories are not long.  If they have been able to see
over a few years that a team has been winning and wants to continue to win,
they will show interest in the school.  In my years of following UNH, I have
seen the school be at the top echelon for a good 15 years (thru the early
80's), constantly rejuvenating the program.  Then, in the mid-80's, thru
injuries, early decisions by some players to turn pro  and some poor
recruiting, the program went down.  It took some hard work, especially by the
current coaching staff, before the team started to rebound.  The players who
are coming in now only know UNH's recent history, not the down years 10 years
ago.

Greg Ambrose, UNH '72
Go Blue!!! (and Mark Mowers is a Hobey Baker candidate!)