Sender:
From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 11:36:18 EST
Kevin Coty writes:

> Although the Redskins seem to be strugling in the early part of the season,
> I'm very impressed with the numbers posted by Miami freshman and leading
> scorer Randy Robitaille (4-10-14).  Does anyone have any info on him (where
> he played, stats, etc)?  I'm also surprised that he has not been drafted
> yet.

He played for two years with the Ottawa Senators of the Central Junior
Hockey League. He led the league in scoring last year with 125 points
in 54 games. (48 G, 77 A). He also had 111 PIM.

> If a freshman can put up these kind of numbers, it seems odd that
> none of the NHL scouts were interested in him, or was it that he wasn't
> eligilbe.

No, he was eligible last year. He was rather a late bloomer, so that
may be part of the reason he hasn't been drafted. He didn't play
Junior A until he was an 18-year-old, which is very rare around
Ottawa. (Ottawans tend not to play Midget hockey)

He is also rather small (only 5'11"), so that's part of it as well, I think.

That being said, I'd be surprised if he finishes his Senior year.

> Also, is he any relation to Luc Robitaille?

Nope.

Little-known fact: Randy got our only triple game misconduct last year.

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards           Stats Geek, Ottawa Senators Jr. A Hockey Club
Email: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]