From:
Carla McAllister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carla McAllister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 2020 11:44:14 -0400
Per Janet McKenney, 43 percent of public libraries in Maine are municipal. I
have a question. I understand that some libraries are funded by their
town/city in some part and perhaps the municipality pays the employees, but
that many libraries  are tasked with raising lots and lots of money to
balance out the budget needed to run their libraries. I am just trying to
find data so that I might better understand how this all works and what the
percentages of total budget are funded by the town/city and what percentage
the library itself has to raise to keep functioning,

Thank you,

Carla McAllister

Assistant Librarian

New Gloucester Public Library