From:
Rick McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:29:46 -0500
I guess what surprises me most about this is the timing of it.  For the
first time in a while, Canisius has been playing well (first place in the
league) and they appear to be a fairly strong team this year for Atlantic
hockey.  Normally when teams are winning they are satisfied.  Yet the
USCHO article refers to a possible revolt by the players against the
coach, to the point where there were talks of not playing the games
against Mercyhurst this weekend if Cavanaugh was coaching.  As both Steve
and the USCHO article talked about, Cavanaugh has had some issues and is
known to be "a bit" cantankerous.  What brought this to a head?

For those who missed it, Canisius beat Mercyhurst last night on the road
under the guidance of the assistant coaches, so the team (for now) is
continuing to play well.  I saw Canisius play Bentley earlier this year,
and they work hard and play all 60 minutes; that wins a lot of games in
Atlantic Hockey.