From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 22:49:01 -0400
Ladies and Gentlemen,

My apologies to those who receive this twice.  As the topic of this message
implies this note is to inform the list membership that I have decided to
resign as an Administrator of the College Hockey Lists effective August 1.

I will now immediately begin to seek a new Administrator for HOCKEY-L.
Please see the message entitled "HOCKEY-L Needs You" for more information
on how to apply.

To some degree I'm sure this is a surprise to many since I've actively been
involved in talking with people about the lists this summer and recently
switched lists with Bill Fenwick, who will stay on as Administrator of
INFO-HOCKEY-L.

While not getting into specifics, for no reason in particular I took a
long, hard look at what is on my plate this fall and beyond and decided I
couldn't in good faith make a commitment to the lists that would satisfy my
own expectations.  After thinking about this over the weekend I informed
Bill and Wayne Smith of my decision last night.

But my work isn't quite done.  Over the next few weeks I plan to work very
hard to find the right person to take over for me and then work with
him/her to make sure they are completely comfortable.  With the season
still being a couple months away I'm confident our new administrator will
have plenty of time to become at ease with the list, and I'm sure many of
you will help him/her like you did with me when I first started.

I've been accused more than once of being too long-winded so I will save
some of my personal final thoughts and thanks for another message at
another time.  I encourage anyone who cares about HOCKEY-L to consider
becoming an administrator.  HOCKEY-L has survived and will continue to
survive only if the people associated with it care enough about it to make
it happen.

Sincerely,

Deron Treadwell