From:
Chris Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 15:38:29 -0500
>Tonight (Tue 1/25), WNDS-TV50 in Derry, NH has Brown @ Mass Lowell in
>a battle of two of the top teams in the ECAC and HE.  It should be a
>good one.  See how long you can listen to Bob Gamere and Brad Park
>before you turn the sound down and put on the vaunted Bob Ellis on
>WLLH.

Oh, man, are these guys bad!!  I watched last Saturday's game, and it was
absolutely brutal.  Gamere doesn't actually do "play-by-play" -- that would
imply that he actually reported on the action on the ice.  Rather, he engages
in these long, inane conversations with his color guy (Park wasn't there last
weekend), only occasionally interrupting to say "and there's a shot by
Lowell."  He seems to sort of know the Lowell players, but doesn't even make
an attempt to call out the opposing team's players.  He went ten minutes at a
time without mentioning a *single* NU player other than the goaltender,
Veisor.

He doesn't see penalties (did anyone else laugh uncontrollably when he was
trying to figure out two matching hitting-after-the-whistle calls early in
the game?), doesn't know the rules, and can't do play-by-play.  What could
TV50 have been thinking?

Chris Craig
Go Cats!