From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 11:31:14 CST
Machnik writes:

>Friday night, with no HE telecasts scheduled, NESN will beam live at
>9:00 pm the Alaska-Fairbanks at Denver game, shown nationally on Prime.
>This will be the only chance, I think, for New England area viewers
>(and maybe the rest of the country) to catch the Nanooks - barring a
>trip to the Joe or the NC$$s.  It will be interesting to see if they
>suddenly get more votes in the HOCKEY-L poll after they're televised
>nationally, not to mention the national polls.

I hope by "Joe" you're referring to the CCHA tournament and not the NC$$
 regional. The West regional, of course, is at Munn Arena in East Lansing this year.
I guess they figure it looks better to have 6,000 in a 6,000-cap. venue than
6,000 at a 20,000 arena. I'm hoping this move is the beginning of a return
to campus-sites for the first and second rounds.

GS