From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1993 13:49:01 -0500
Chad King writes:
>Here is the problem i see developing because of this mess, someone is going to
>say well gee, maine got an easy trip thru the playoffs because they were ranked
>#1.  they would never have won the play offs if they had been ranked lower.
>ACK!  this would mean, if it stuck, that we would lose the he play off title to
>o.  this thing gets weirder all the time

I cannot see this being a problem - in fact, it sounds like the 1992 HE
playoff championship is not at contention here.  And it shouldn't be.
No one knows what would have really happened if Ingraham didn't play
in those games he was apparently ineligible for, but he WAS eligible
for the tourney whichever way you look at it.  And Maine rolled
through it, as I suspect they would have done whoever they played.
They ended up meeting and beating UNH (2nd) for the title anyway, so
there's really nothing to any argument that Maine should lose the
playoff title...IMO.
Mike Machnik                                           [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                   *HMN* 11/13/93
<<<<< Color Voice of the (unbeaten) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>