From:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1993 10:06:39 EDT
The discussion of UMass's prospects when they join HE has
been interesting. I also was surprised that they'd only play
Merrimack next season. I had assumed when they first
announced how quickly it was planned to move a new program
into HE, they had already arranged games with a bunch of
HE schools to phase them in. Frankly I don't think this is
going to be a pretty sight. Union had years of admittedly
unpleasant experience versus RPI and some good Div.III
opponents like RIT, but look what happened to them in
ECAC Div.I. Worst of all (from my biased spot (:') is that
UMass's HE presence will clobber BU's strength of schedule
for the rankings.
Dave Carroll,NYS Div.of Budget "Kid, you're a wizard whoever you are."
[log in to unmask]           _I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus_
[log in to unmask]   Firesign Theatre