From:
Patrick Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:35:45 -0500
One week to the Hockey-L dinner, so we thought it would be best to get
directions out.

We're got a full house for dinner, so we can't take any last minute
reservations.

As announced, we will be at Kitty O'Sheas, 131 State Street in Boston,
starting after the first game on Thursday.

We will have name tags as your ticket to the dinner. Sara plans to
distribute these at the Fleet Center, before the game and during the
intermissions. Expect the details of this to come out shortly.

We are tentatively planning on getting a group together in the East Lobby of
the Fleet Center, near the parking office, to walk over together and/or take
the subway.

There are two sets of directions, for those of you walking from the Fleet
Center, and those taking the subway. If you need driving directions, e-mail
me.

Walking:

It's about 0.6 miles from the Fleet Center to Kitty O'Sheas at 131 State
Street, corner of Broad Street.

Go out the west end of the Fleet Center (behind Section 5), and take the
walkway back to Causeway Street. Stay to the left of the stairs to the
subway and cross Causeway Street. You will be in front of Dunkin Donuts
which is at the corner of Friend Street. Follow Friend Street, which ends in
two blocks, then cross the street at the traffic light and continue straight
ahead under the parking garage. This is Congress Street.

Follow Congress Street for four traffic lights (Sudbury, Hanover, North and
finally State), past Fanueil Hall. When you pass the first skyscraper on
your left you will have reached State Street. Take a left. Kitty O'Shea's is
131 State Street, about 3 blocks down on the opposite side of the street.

If you know the Fanueil Hall Marketplace, you can cut through the
Marketplace on your way, but then again, if you know the area, you don't
need these directions.

Subway: (Orange Line, not Green Line)

Go out the east end of the Fleet Center (behind Section 18), and take the
walkway back to Causeway Street. Cross the street and the Orange Line
entrance will be right in front of you. Go downstairs, pay your fare
($1.25), and go down the right-hand side stairs (for the trains to Forest
Hills).

Take the subway two stops to State. The simplest (but not the shortest)
route is to take the exit next to the ticket booth. This puts you on
Washington Street. Go right. After two blocks, Washington Street ends at
State Street. Turn right on State Street. Notice the entrance for the subway
(in the ground floor of the Old State House) which is where you'll enter on
the return trip. Kitty O'Shea's is 131 State Street, about 4 blocks down on
your side of the street.

See you on the 8th.

Patrick