From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 12:59:49 EST
My mail is loaded with survey results, so I erased many of the posts on the
incident where the player was arrested. It certainly is a topic that has come
up lately in hockey publications. The Concussion Free Zone's Brainpower Poll
question 5 reads: Should professional hockey players be above the law when it
comes to injurious intent to harm behavior on the ice? The overwhelming
answer to this one is: NO, they shouldn't be above the law. The poll
indicates that participation is 20% female, 80% male with 70% in the 25 to 34
age group. The responses are not scientifically  gathered. I have no control
over repeaters who mail daily to throw the poll off. (-: Despite this, it
seems the overwhelming consensus is no one should be above the law when it
comes to intent to harm behavior. Though, Bob McKenzie of the Hockey News
said in an issue, " There is an inherent consent to violence when you lace on
those skates. " Do you agree?

Vicki Price
Concussion Free Zone
www.violentcontact.net