From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 10:33:18 EST
> Rumour has it that BU backed off of Harris because of his extra-curricular
> "activities".  In fact, I saw an article in the Boston Herald today where
> he alludes to apparent misconceptions about himself.  He talks about
> wanting to play HE, even if it is Merrimack (this is a paraphrase of his
> quote).  Sounds to me as though he is not getting the offers he thought he
> was going to get.

I thought his reference to Merrimack was more neutral than that, but otherwise
I would agree that it's the off-ice stuff that has caused concern.  Even
though he's only 18, he can play.  A high school defenseman that I respect
highly, and who has been exposed to many great players, says that open-ice
T.C. is the toughest player he's ever had to deal with.

Things could be heating up, however.  I spotted a very prominent Hockey East
coach at the FleetCenter.  Although I was there for all four games, I only
saw him for the Matignon game.  Hmmmm....

I expect T.C. will be somewhere in Hockey East next year.  Unlike most of
the other schoolboy seniors at the Fleet, he needs no further seasoning as
long as he has his off-ice act together.

Dave Hendrickson     [log in to unmask]
Hockey East writer for U.S. College Hockey Online
         http://www.uscollegehockey.com