From:
Mike Kahn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Kahn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 08:49:40 -0400
While driving to work this morning I noticed a car on the highway
with one of those college stickers in the rear window that explicitly
said "UMASS - Amherst".  This is not the first time I've seen that.

In direct conflict with the above - I have noticed that people I work
with who went to the UMass located in Amherst will say that they went
to college at UMass, whereas the people who went to the UMass located
in Lowell will say either UMass Lowell, or even ULowell.

Incidentally, someone made a comment yesterday that implied that the
UMass located in Amherst had a better program (academically) than
the UMass located in Lowell.  I can't offer opinions on the schools
as a whole but I have been equally impressed by the engineers I've
met at work that come from both places.

Let's Go Tech!
-Mike
--
Mike Kahn                  "I swear by my life and my love of it, that I
Whittaker Xyplex            will never live for the sake of another man,