From:
Karen Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 12:35:40 -0400
Jack Jaguar writes:
>Perhaps the panel that chooses the finalists for the Hobey >Baker award are
better judges of talent than panel that >chooses the Hobey Baker recipient.
 That's just my opinion.

I think we have to be careful not to judge the post-collegiate success of
Hobey Baker award winners by their success, or lack of success, in
professional hockey.  As we devotees of the college game are aware, the pro
and college games are very different.  These differences provide for many of
us the reasons why we prefer the college game over the pro game.  I prefer to
remember the collegiate accomplishments of our Hobey winners.  If they are
able to add to those success at the professional level, so much the better!

Karen Ambrose
UNH '72