From:
MATTHEW CALDERWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MATTHEW CALDERWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 14:34:25 -0600
     Not only does Bob Norton do the AHL game of the week for NESN, many
     Hockey East games each season, and some of the NCAA tournament games,
     but he is also an integral part of UPN 38's Bruins telecasts.  I don't
     think I've ever seen him calling a Bruins game, but during the second
     (or is it first?) intermission of every regular season UPN 38 game,
     it's time for Mini One-on-One.  This is a feature with youngsters of
     all ages participating in various drills, such as penalty shots, one
     on one, two on one, three on two, up to three on three (It used to be,
     anyway; it seems as though the format has changed recently).  It is
     hosted by-you guessed it-Bob Norton.  IMO, he sounds as excited when
     Danvers knocks off Framingham in the Bantam quarterfinals as he does
     when he's calling a close game in the NCAA's.  This may be why he's so
     fond of New England Prep School Alumni; he "discovered" most of them
     when they played Mini One-on-One.

     Matt
     RPI '94