From:
"Barkan, Jon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barkan, Jon
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 11:36:00 PST
DAVE H said

Being a good Get-A-Lifer I dug out my tape of the 1991 BU-NMU game and
checked
to see if Amonte hit the post or if Pye made a glove save.  Although I've
referred in the past to Amonte hitting the post, I was wrong.  He did shoot
it
on net and Pye made the glove save.  I believe that a few of my neurons must
have crossed because later in the OT there were more than one clangs before
the eventual game winner.

Actually Dave, if you look at the tape carefully, Pye's glove NEVER
moved!!!!! Tony had the entire net to shoot at and he just hit Pye right
smack dab in the glove. Billy glove didn't move until after he realized the
puck was in it!!!!!

I just remember BU Sports Info Director Ed Carpenter's face when Amonte
missed it and all he could say to me as we enter the first overtime singing
our favorite song,  "That's almost Amonte!"

Jon Barkan