From:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 19:43:44 +0001
J. Michael Jackson (Eeyore <[log in to unmask]>) wrote:
>This is where the scoring discrepencies came in.  The NESN crew said that
>Reasoner's shot went in off of a defenseman's skate without Hymovitz
>touching it.  My cat was rather insistent on playing fetch at the time

The original rink announcement said Reasoner scored the goal, and from
my view it was definitely deflected by something at the side of the net.
They made a corrected announcement that credited Hymovitz, so we assumed
he had made the tip, rather than the defenseman's skate.  But all the
media information showed the goal to Reasoner, and Saturday's statistics
reported that as well, so I guess it was definitely given to Reasoner.
That gives him 8 goals so far this season (8-9?-17?), out of BC's paltry
46 in 14 games (22 in 8 HE games).  I guess I should point out that
BC had an offensive "binge" this weekend, scoring 9 goals, after having
only 13 Hockey East goals in 6 prior games.
Rick McAdoo                        [log in to unmask]
Read the FAQ!!!                    A patient BC fan.  GO EAGLES!