From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 1995 03:57:40 -0500
>There is no justice in the ECAC!
>
>I say this because of this years final standings.  2 teams with almost
>the same record as the 10th place team had to be eliminated from the
>post-season.  I find this disturbing, i wish the ECAC would let everyone
>in the playoffs like every other league.  I wonder if there is a way to
>convince the league to change?

BLECH!! One of the things the ECAC has going for it is that it actually
eliminates teams. To my mind, it's bush-league to let everybody in the
playoffs. I'm happy the CCHA is going to start eliminating teams next year.

<Flame suit on> No disrespect intended, but should Mass-Amherst really have a
chance at the NCAA Championship? Should Ohio State? IMHO, no, not this year.
<Flame suit off>

I don't understand why HE doesn't eliminate the bottom team from the playoffs.
Actually, I do understand. It's an extra home gate for the 8th place team,
and I suspect the league gets some of that revenue.

Letting everybody into the playoffs renders the regular season almost
totally meaningless. For proof of this, look at what happened to CC last year.
I think the playoffs should be a reward for teams, not a right.

See you later,
John

--
John C.K. Edwards        Stats Geek, Ottawa Jr Senators (25-24-3 56pts) (CJHL)
Carleton U., Law IV                   I don't give a damn about being liked,