From:
David Blackburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Blackburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 1995 02:39:08 GMT
Lemieux Crew <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>         While the part of the band may be true, I do know that the
> players can hear the fans yelling at them.  Three reasons
> 1.  As Tom Askey was getting on the bench during the first BG-OSU matchup
> after gettin yanked,  we yelled HEY ASKEY Know What?   and he turned his
> head to look at us.  I will leave out what was said afterwards

He's not competing, he's getting off the ice.

> 2.  During the UAF-BG series our secion was chanting Schwork's (sp?) name
> constantly due to his poor performance.  Anyways, at one point the ENTIRE
> UAF bench was laughing and pointing at us for doing that.

The Bench, NOT the guys on the ice, playing hockey.

> 3.  Again during the UAF series on Saturday night before a faceoff during
> the third period when the drop occurs 20 feet away from us, we were
> chanting and pointing at Curtis Fry and Brian Fish yelling FISH  -  FRY
> FISH  - FRY and Brian Holzinger started laughing so hard that he left the
> faceoff circle and you could see grins on mst of the players faces as
> well.

OK, point, but then I must admit that I would have a problem with Brown
playing someone who can't keep a straight face before a face-off.

So sure you can hear fans that are 10feet behind you while you are on
the bench, but my point is that no Division I hockey player (that I'd
want playing for me, at least) is going to have his play disrupted by
a couple rowdy fans of an obnoxious band.  And if they do, they sure
as hell shouldn't be playing college hockey.  I know of a decent men's
league.....

David Blackburn
Brown '98
Clarkson, say your prayers!