From:
David B Reusch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David B Reusch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 16:05:38 -0500
> Not having access to ESPN 2, I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the
> coverage of the game last night?  Did they seem to present the
> significance of the game (in the eyes of Bostonians) to the rest of the
> country?  How about college hockey as a whole?  Who were the commentators?
>
>    - Steve

I live about 50 miles from Boston (in Southern NH) and I'm pretty sure
the final was blacked out.  My cable company (good old Continental Cablevision)
doesn't carry Channel 68 in my town (though they do in the next town over!)
so I didn't get to see the game.  Yes, I was disappointed especially since I
only found out when I tuned in at 8:00.  I haven't confirmed the blackout with
the company (too much else to do), but all my other stations were fine.  This
sounds like the realization of my worst fears when I heard the games were
moving from TV38.  Any other similar experiences?

This also reminds me of the Patriots games that were blacked out locally
in New Hampshire but that could be watched in Rhode Island.  How they
justify that I never understood (RI being a LOT closer to Foxboro Stadium
than anywhere in NH).

Dave Reusch
UMaine '86, UNH '95 G