From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 1995 01:28:05 EST
Kerby Meyers writes:
>Mariucci Classic basics
>
>Championship box
>Boston University  1  0  2  1  - 4
>Minnesota  2  0  1  0  - 3
>First period: M, Fiebelkorn 1 (Larson), 9:11;
>Championship featured solid effort at both ends of ice from both BU and Minn.
>Minn's first goal (Fiebelkorn) knocked in by BU defender.

This has to be one of the phoniest assists I have seen.  Fiebelkorn
wheeled out of the corner and put a shot on that Herlofsky stopped,
but then BU forward Matt Wright shot the puck into the net while
seemingly trying to knock it away.  I was left with my mouth wide open
when I heard the goal announced on tv as Fiebelkorn from Larson.  How
do you give an assist on a goal that the other team puts into its own
net?

That aside, this was an exciting game to watch.  BU looked early on to
be missing its three junior players, but they bounced back after
Minnesota dominated the first, and the Terriers carried the play much
of the rest of the way.