From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 1994 13:43:53 -0500
(Wow, my name in a subject line!  Gee, I feel wanted now.)

Charlie wrote:
>nyyaaaaah, they'll come back in time to make the playoffs.

I never said they wouldn't.  But right now the ship of state is reeling.  As
surprising as it may seem, LSSU was thoroughly manhandled yesterday by a team
that not two weeks ago was itself on the brink of disaster.  Jackson's getting
no contribution from his big guns (in fact, until Valicevic scored his goal in
the third against MSU, Matt Alvey had all three Laker goals against the Spartansthis season) like Strachan, Talliare-squared, etc.  They only have one player
in the top 30 or so in scoring in the CCHA (Felsner) and Grahame didn't look
particularly good yesterday.

At the moment, they're in 8th place, coming off an 0-for-4 point weekend in the
LP against arguably two of the teams that will contend for the CCHA title.
While they've only played 8 conference games, you can't dig yourself too deep
a hole before Christmas and expect to climb out of it in time to make the NCAAs.
G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University 8-1-1, 11-3-1
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?