Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1993 09:33:47 EST
(Jon reported near sell-outs for the NCAA East Regional in Worcester).

so much for news ... on to rumour and speculation ... :-)

I talked with a couple of broadcasting folks yesterday.  They expect to
announce TV coverage Thursday or possibly even Friday morning.  I don't
know what network might be involved.  If available and if Channel 6
Portland ME will share costs, WLBZ Ch 2 in Bangor is expected to cover
the Cl/Mn vs Maine game Saturday.

Completely rumour, but I hear that even though Joe Louis Arena, Detroit
will *not* be sold out, they may announce TV coverage late this week.

The delays of course are to maximize income for the NCAA and arenas.

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]