Sender:
From:
Paul Marchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1993 12:18:44 EST
Friday night's ESPN game, Hartford vs Washington, finished at approx.
10:45. They used the 15 minutes to discuss NHL playoffs (alittle) and
recapped the Hartford/Washington game. The game itself was not worth
recapping. They had the perfect opportunity to announce scores from
Friday night's college tournament play and discuss the NC$$ hockey
tournament. But we get nothing.

Additionally, we see CBS advertising the Women's Final Four and the
Division II Championship, but can't even get them to scroll scores
from the conference tournaments either night.

With all the attention on the basketball tournament and all the people
watching CBS, getting them to show highlights of some of the hockey
games would be a great way introduce those fans to the sport.

Maybe we can get Ross Perot to take up the cause of getting college hockey
into mainstream American sports. :-)

Paul Marchant     |  CCHA, BEST in NCAA Hockey  | (513) 865 - 1637
Mead Data Central |                             | Statutes Conversion Eng.
P.O. Box 933      |      Go BGSU Falcons!       | [log in to unmask]
Dayton, OH  45401 |                             | ...!uunet!meaddata!paulm