Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1993 16:45:28 EST
Sender:
>1. how do you feel about the two ref system?

At the time of the GLI, I didn't mind it.  I thought that Shepard (sp?)
from the WCHA and Shegos from the CCHA worked well together.  However,
after seeing the interaction between the CCHA refs first hand and on
videotape, I don't like the rule.  I think that there needs to be one
person cleary in the authority position.

>2. Who feels that fighting should be allowed in the game?

I'll play the middle man.  I DO like physical games and don't mind some
fisticuffs, but I wish to see college hockey maintain an identity
unique from the NHL's.  Therefore, I propose, do not allow fighting but
do not automatically suspend a player for an additional game following
a fight.  I know that I'm asking for trouble, but theoretically the
league office could review the fight and then determine if an additional
suspension is necessary.

>3.  who's the favorites for the national champanship or final four?

Maine, without a doubt.

>4. How about a hobey baker winner?
>oh, yeah i almost forgot about cam stewart with michigan--i feel one of
>the most underrated in college hockey

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Many people consider Cam the heart
and soul of the Michigan team.  He's a tenacious player who was also a
dominant scorer before coming to Michigan.  He played like the Tasmanian
Devil, but didn't put up the offensive numbers his first two years.  This
season, as a junior, his offensive has clicked.  He has reached the 40
point barrier and should score 50-60 by season's end (or more!).  His
ferocious hitting has led to my friend and I naming an unofficial
statistic after him.  A "Stewy" is defined as hitting all 5 opposing
skaters on a single shift.  A "Stewy Supreme" is hitting all 5 and taking
out the goaltender on the same shift.  :-)

Cam should receive some consideration in the All-CCHA voting this year.
The Wolverines will rely on him heavily next year.  If he has success as
a pro, and I think he will, the eastern fans will get to enjoy him...his
rights are with the Bruins.

  John H
  U Mich