Sender:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1993 14:31:52 PST
I think that the reason the NCAA did away with the Divsion I poll but has kept
the Divsion III and  re-added the Divsion II poll is because other Division I
polls  sponsored by the media already exist. This makes an official NCAA
Division I poll redunant (although I feel the more, the merrier ;)

I believe that this is also the case with other major Division I sports
(Football, Basketball, etc.)

Chris Lerch
Xerox
RIT '84 & '91