Sender:
From:
Beth Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1992 23:17:26 EST
To add to the list of attractions:

First, the Saratoga Harness Track is running...I'll double check for
times this weekend, but it usually runs in the evening.  Saratoga
itself is a great little town for just wandering for a while.  There
are quite a few quaint shops along Broadway (the main road) and for
night-life, all the bars along Caroline Street offer different types
of music..mostly live...ranging from Blues, Jazz, Dance (all in the
same place) to Irish to pop.  It's at exit 14 of the Northway (I-87),
approximately 35 miles from Albany.

The State Museum is always good for spending a couple hours.  It is
mostly New York State history, agriculture, wildlife, etc.  But there
should be something to interest most people.

RPI is on the other side of the river.  Troy itself is home to the
Troy Savings Bank Music Hall.  If there is a show there, it is worth
going.  This hall is world-reknowned for its acoustics.

I know this is starting to sound like a tourism ad...sorry.

For those who just want to waste time...there are 3 major malls within
5 miles of each other.

Parking around the Knick on Thursday might be difficult.  There are
parking lots galore around the building, but many of the state workers
use them during the day.  Parking in downtown Albany is never fun.  There
should be no problem Thursday night or Saturday.  I think game times on
Thursday are 2:30 and 7.  You could be really cruel and get there at
lunch-time while everyone is out.  Be prepared to pay anywhere from
$3.50 to $6 (or maybe more) for parking around the Knick.

Albany does have quite a bit to offer.  The only problem is that when
you live here, you forget what it all is.  Also, keep in mind, everyone
will be at work on Friday...your best bet is to be in the suburbs or
somewhere else entirely.

Beth Weise