Sender:
From:
Beth Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1992 23:31:10 EST
Here's my question (and story):

Why is it that more pucks end up in the stands during warmups than
during the game?  As a member of the Clarkson Pep Band for 4 years,
I saw more than our fair share of pucks (and injuries).  However,
a majority of those pucks came at us during warmups.  When we were
at the Syracuse Invitational my junior year ('86), I was hit in the
head by a stray Bowling Green puck during warmups.  I wouldn't have
thought anything about it, but that was one of 10 or 15 pucks we
got that night during warmups.

I can understand how pucks end up in the crowd accidentally.  But, I'm
not quite sure how 10-15 pucks can end up in the band, accidentally.
Any suggestions?  BTW- the band was in "recharge mode" during those
warmups...meaning that we weren't playing or yelling.  I think we
were actually finishing dinner.  You can't play and/or yell while
eating the VERY late pizza. :-}

Beth Weise
Clarkson '88
RPI '90 & '93