Sender:
From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:01:06 -0500
Well, just so the list won't be dead on the topic....

I think it is a mistake on UNO's part.  No offense intended to the CCHA
which has shown itself to be (IMO) the overall strongest conference in the
country, but the WCHA is the natural home for UNO, not the CCHA.  I can
understand, especially after this last season, how they want in a conference
NOW!, but I think they would be better served long-run if the showed a
little patience and applied to the WCHA instead.

Frankly, I hope the CCHA turns them down.  And I think all of these
conferences need to do some serious thinking about just how many teams they
can accomodate.  Hockey is a growing sport at Div I and I suspect we're just
seeing the tip of the iceberg at the moment.

Tom Rowe                                          [log in to unmask]
Home of Division 3 National Champion Pointers
89, 90, 91 & 93 and National Runners Up 92 & 98