Sender:
From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 18:42:51 -0400
>"Add Alaska Anchorage, insiders say, to schools opposing admittance of
>Mankato State and Nebraska-Omaha to the Western Collegiate Hockey
>Association.
And people wonder why UNO is looking at a different conference, when there's
3 ready to vote no to our admittance, SCSU, NoDak, and Alaska-Anchorage,
which is enough to block us from getting in.

>Word is Nebraska-Omaha, which sold out an 8,314-seat arena
>last season, could accept an invitation to the Central Collegiate Hockey
>Association if WCHA discussions get testy.
It technically ain't an invitation yet, it's an opportunity to make a bid at
the CCHA meetings, which would lead to a vote for an invitation (which so
far sounds like they'd give us)

Also from Omaha:
Administration has held off deciding on what to do regarding the CCHA's
offer until Head Coach Mike Kemp gets back from the Frozen Four, where he
had an opportunity to talk to various CCHA and WCHA people.

Fan favorite Andrew Tortorella will not be returning next year. He says he
quit because he couldn't handle college, UNO says they dismissed him from
the team for skipping classes. Either way, he's gone. He said he's look for
a minor league team or a European team to join, because he doesn't want to
goto school.

Don't know much about the upcoming season schedule, here's what little I do
know:
Home:
Maine - (Home Opener - October 16th)
Bowling Green
Harvard
Dartmouth
TBA - (New Year's Eve Game)

Home and Home:
Wisconsin (could be a tradition of home and home series here)

Road:
Denver
St. Cloud State - (Why are we going up there again if they're gonna vote no
to us anyway?)
Michigan St.

Ben F.
U!N!O! U!N!O!