Sender:
From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 09:46:56 -0700
Well, gang, the most amazing fact for this whole season:  front page of
sports section in the San Luis Obispo Telegram-Tribune had a half column
on the BC-OSU game and the whole tourney.  A title even. Amazing for a
paper that doesnt even recognize hockey as a sport.  history has been made
here on the sleepy central coast :-)

SEcondly, altho this is only the 5th college game I ahve seen (all on TV)
since 1964, I must say that on that 5 min major/game misconduct, from the
refs view it was boarding/charging/crosschecking/hitting from behind and
clearly the stick was up.  Even if he did not inflict a big hit, the
intent seemed there. The OSU guy came screaming in and had all the time in
the world to go for the puck, avoid the hit, or make an attempt. Only
thing I saw was the BC guy kinda duck at the lst minute. It seemed clear
to me that the  OSU guy meant to inflict an illegal (very) hit. From the
ref viewpoint, behind the play, there wa sonly one call, IMHO.

And, correct me if I am wrong, there is no replay on penalties, right?

Just my 2 cents, and great to see the games on regular TV!!!!!! Beggars
cant be choosers out here in the college hockey desert.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64 ..... did the banner say Rensselaer, I hope not :-)