Sender:
From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:48:13 -0500
1st round:
Ohio State over Yale
The Elis of Yale put on a good show, but Tim Taylor gets toasted by the
Buckeyes.  OSU is on a nice run and wants another crack at those Spartans.

Clarkson over Colorado College
This is a tough pick, but I think the Golden Knights have something to prove.
CC will give the Techers all they want, but Clarkson rides on.  OK, time for
someone to pick the All-Tiger final.

Wisconsin over New Hampshire
To me the toughest choice surrounding UNH is who gets the Hobey?  I love
Mowers.  Meanwhile, Bucky Badger can not be denied.  With a squadron of
Winnebagos behind Wisconsin, the Wildcats would need warp factor 8.3 to move
on.

Michigan over Princeton
You would think by now that I would have figured out not to go against
Princeton in the year of the Tiger!  However, with the Wolverines in the
friendly environment of Yost Ice Arena, Red rolls on.

2nd round:
Michigan State over Ohio State
I think Ron Mason's troops will come out flying and burn OSU in this one.
They will not want a replay of the CCHA Championship.  The Buckeyes play well,
but can't deal with the rested Spartans.

Boston College over Clarkson
BC is waiting for this one.  They want to prove to everyone that they are
ready and deserve more consideration nationally.  The Golden Knights are on a
crusade but the Eagles fly faster.

Boston University over Wisconsin
The Terriers have been on a layoff and it takes them a while to get into the
flow.  If Bucky comes out hard and fast and scores big they could reach the
final four.  Somehow I think Jackie Parker's squad will dig back and advance
to their second home.

North Dakota over Michigan
This will be an intense battle at Yost.  Michigan has a lot of pride and the
home crowd on their side.  The Fighting Sioux will be ready and waiting to
defend their championship.  Overtime looms!

Semifinals:
Michigan State over Boston College
So much for the dream Beanpot final.  The Eagles put on an excellent show in
their hometown, but Sparty is too deep at too many positions and gets to watch
the points keep rolling.

North Dakota over Boston University
It may be BU's home away from home, but the Sioux plan on repeating.  I think
we better bring our sleeping bags for this one, because it could go on for a
long time.  Sleepover!  In the end, I sense North Dakota going forward.

Final:
Michigan State over North Dakota
Sparty surprises the Sioux and hits home three early goals.  UND comes back,
but in an offensive explosion, (hey, I can dream, can't I?), MSU wins the
national title.

Pearwise:  No, I'm not picking Princeton over Yale in the final because I like
the black and orange plaid sports jackets better than the nice navy ones!
An All-Ivy NC$$ final - hmmmmmmmm?

/
 good shooting
 hungerf