Sender:
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 1992 14:51:57 -0500
Taking the other point of view:  What if RIT was having a very good year (hard
to predict accurately a year or two in advance as schedules are being made)
and RPI so-so and the game was very close? Would you still say the same
thing?

Yes, its quite difficult for Div III to compete with Div I, but there *IS*
some overlap.  A couple of years ago Point played 4 games in Alaska, 2 each
against UAA and UAF and came back 1-3 for the trip with all 4 games being
close.  We might well have been 3-1 for those games on our home ice.  Those
losses were good for us as a learning experience, and didn't hurt UAA or UAF
(thought I imagine UAF found the loss embarassing).  We have also played
Alabama and were scheduled again UAF again this year, but UAA backed out
because they got a better offer and wound up playing St. Norbert (which we
won 20-1).  RIT lost almost as badly to us this year at Point, but thats the
nature of hockey.  A few years ago RIT was almost national champion.  I guess
this means we shouldn't schedule them again, huh?

The solution may be to schedule such interdivision games early in the season.
Its too bad RIT was blown out by RPI, but you're making too big a deal of it.

Tom Rowe                      INTERNET:
UWSP Dept. of Psychology      [log in to unmask]
Stevens Point, WI  54481      *****************************
341-3084                      I am in the prime of senility