Sender:
From:
"Ryan G. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1992 23:35:24 -0500
In a particularly boring episode at the Field House tonight

	1	2	3	TOT
RPI	1	2	5	 8
RIT	0	0	0	 0

Sorry, no scoring or penalty details, just a few random observations.

Why does RPI even play against this team?
RPI looked pretty bad until the first 1:45 minutes in the third period, in
which they scored 3 goals.
There is not much else to say, a few minor fighting scenes in which the
official (Noeth) gave, what seemed to me to be random penalties, except for the
initial instigation penalties, which IMO he did a good job with.
Another question, is it now taboo to give 5 minute major penalties for either
fighting or roughing?  IMO there was at least one occasion where both players
threw multiple punches and should have gotten at LEAST 5 minutes for roughing
if not fighting/Game Misconducts.  I believe, that in NCAA rules, the refferee
may give 5 minute roughing penalties without Game penalties attached.
This, IMO, was a big waste of a game for RPI, they could have at least played
a bad Div I Independent Team.

-Ryan Stone
 Lawrence University (Appleton, WI) '93
 Rensselaer '93

| RYAN G. STONE                     | "An individual can make a difference  |
| Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute  |  a team can make a miracle."          |
| e-mail: [log in to unmask]           |              - 1980 U.S. Hockey Team  |