Sender:
From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 22:41:02 -0500
so I lied, this will definatly be the last message of the day from me. :-)

UNO's road woes continued, and a couple streaks were broken as Minnesota
Duluth defeated the 1st year Mavs by a final of 4-3. UNO goalie Jason
mitchell gave up more than 3 goals for the first time in 5 games. Also, UNO
finally lost a game in which they scored first. UNO had been 5-0 when
scoring first and 0-7 when their opponent scored first until tonight.

UMD went 2-6 on the power play, UNO went 1-4(I think)

Mitchell was injured in the third period, and Kendall Sidoruk had to finish
the game. I'm not sure about the extent of the injury (possible broken
collerbone, this would really hurt the Mavs, losing their #1 goalie), I'll
let you know tomorrow what the full story is.

I only heard it on radio so I of course think we got gyped, but UNO appeared
to tie it with a Tortorella goal with about 30 seconds left in the game with
Sidoruk pulled, but the referee waved off the goal due to a hand pass.

Derek Reynolds, the Mavs leading assister, scored twice (the first goal of
the game in 38 seconds and then again after UMD got their 4 goals), but it
wasn't enough. The Mavs got a 3rd goal with about 7 minutes left in the
third to pull within one, but again the Mavs came up short. Besides the
waved off tying goal, they had another big scoring chance in the last 20
seconds of the game. But UMD held on for the win.

The 2 teams will meet tomorrow night, and I think UNO stands a good chance
of getting a split if they aren't emotionally drained.

Ben F.
U-N-O! U-N-O!