Sender:
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 17:27:43 -0600
7bit
From:
Eric J. Burton wrote:

>         That why I said that you don't think Marvin going to play do you?
> I would hope that a team would have a better back up than willy marvin.

The reason that Brett Harvey's comment was in quotes is that Marvin is ahead of
Day on the depth chart right now.  Read into it what you will, but Woog has said
that Marvin has won the job of #2 goaltender.  Perhaps this is because he is
planning to redshirt Erik Day, or he is sending some sort of message to him.
However, it just might mean that Willy Marvin has looked like a better
goaltender this year.  He's looked fine on the rare occasions when he's played
(he wanted a shutout for his scoreless stretch in the Hall of Fame Game).  And
even from the bench, there were some times last year when Willy demonstrated
some leadership characteristics (I won't mention the most obvious incident,
because it would just lead to another heated discussion of some of last year's
action).  I wouldn't write off his career just yet.

J. Michael Neal