Sender:
From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 22:29:13 -0500
RPI lost to Cornell on Friday night in the second ECAC
semifinal(5-3). I did not attend the game so I will leave
the recap to someone who either went to the game or at least
caught a TV  broadcast.

There were no excuses tonight. RPI lost to a better team.
Good luck to both Clarkson and Cornell tomorrow and may the
better team win.  ECAC fans will be well represented in the
NC$$ this year.

Although I'm disappointed that the season will end after
tomorrow's consolation game against Princeton, I'm reminded
of RPI's dismal season last year and the expectation of another
mediocre season this year. How pleasantly surprised I was!
RPI was right near the top most of the season, qualified
for home ice and got past an excellent Union team and made it
to Lake Placid. They far exceeded anyone's expectations.
And there is not a senior on the team. That thought alone
will get me through the summer.

Best of luck to the teams still playing. What a great season!
What a great game!
Mark Lewin
Rensselaer (formerly RPI)
Class of '69