Sender:
From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:47:31 -0500
> We now know four things for
> certain about the national tournament: North Dakota, Michigan,
> Clarkson and Boston University will be in it, having won their
> respective conferences' regular seasons.

Where BU and UNH *both* won the Hockey East regular season, is the above
statement correct?  I know Hockey East considers the two teams to be regular
season co-champions, but does BU get the automatic bid by virtue of the head-
to-head tie-breaker or are both teams awarded a bid?

There also seems to be some confusion around UNH conerning the NCAA bye.  Is
it correct that the team that wins both the regular season and the league
tournament is awarded a bye?  And in this case, if UNH or BU wins the Hockey
East tourney, will they get an NCAA bye?

  \_  \_  \_     Howard M. Quimby                [log in to unmask]
  \_\_\_  \_     Natural Intelligence, Inc.      Tel (617) 876-7680 x1208
  \_ \__  \_     Cambridge, MA                   Fax (617) 492-7425